Hello little sailors!
It’s almost Christmas, so I baked some Christmas cookies today! They are very easy to make and super delicious – so you should definitely do them yourself.
Sidenote: These cookies have the Christmas Spirit in them! They are animal cruelty free – 100% vegan ! 🙂 Feel good while eating them!
Simple and Easy Christmas Cookies (vegan)
What You Need:
* 600g / 21.16 oz wheat flour
Healthier option: If you want to use spelt flour use 550g / 19.40 oz
* 400g / 14.10 oz plant based margarine
* 200g / 7.05 oz unrefined cane sugar
* flour to roll out
* 1 teaspoon ground bourbon vanilla
* lemon peel from 1 lemon
* 2 – 3 tablespoons amaretto
* 3 – 4 teaspoons of citrus white almond curd
I used the Curd from „die kompotterie„, which is German, but I can really recommend their delicious curds.
1. Put soft margarine in a bowl and beat it shortly with an electric whisk so it’s nice and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and beat it in. If you want to add any additional flavours like vanilla, amaretto or something else, you should add it now. I used some Amaretto and Citrus White Almond Curd (from “die kompotterie”) for mine.
2. Trade the whisks for kneading hooks on your electric whisk. You can add the flour now and knead until everything is mixed up. Finally, form the dough into a ball.
3. Place in fridge covered for 1 hour.
4. To prepare the cookies, take one ball of dough at a time. If it gets too warm it’s harder to work with it!
5. When cutting out the cookies you should roll the dough out. It should be about 1cm / 0.4in thick. Put some flour on your countertop before rolling it out! If the dough got a little dry put a little bit of water on your hands and knead it. Preheat your oven on 200°C / 395°F with above and bottom heat, or 180°C / 355°F on air circulation if you have two baking plates. Now you can cut the cookies out!
6. Put them on a baking sheet with baking paper. Bake them in the oven for around 10 minutes.
Optional: You can decorate your cookies, after they’ve cooled down! I used a simple sugarcoating, chocolate and some sprinkles. You can be really creative here! In my opinion, the is the most fun part of baking Christmas Cookies.
I wish you all happy and peaceful holidays! Enjoy your Christmas Days and I’ll see you next Sunday.